A tasty breakfast recipe that’s vegan, feeds the family and satisfies all your macros?
Don’t pinch yourself, you’re not dreaming!
These Vegan Breakfast Tacos add a twist to your standard breakfast and you can make them quickly to feed a family of 4.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Macros Per Portion
Calories 378 Kcal
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 small spring onions, sliced
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
350g silken (firm) tofu
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Black salt (kala namak), to taste
125g cooked black beans
1 avocado, sliced
Sambal oelek (to serve)
4 soft tortillas (to serve)
- Fry the chopped garlic and spring onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until both soften.
- Place the tomato halves cut side down on the pan and fry them in the same oil gently until they soften.
- Make some room and add a block of silken tofu breaking it into small pieces with a fork.
- Sprinkle with turmeric and black salt, stir and fry for another two minutes, just to warm through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pile black beans and tofu scramble onto warm tacos, decorate with avocado slices, black pepper, spring onion and chilli paste.
- Consume immediately (because how could you resist!)
From Our Friends At
This Recipe is courtesy of our friends over at TeamRH Fitness. A word from the team:
“We’ve made it our mission in life to educate the people, that pills, shakes, and fad diets DO NOT WORK, and the key to long term success and your happiness is to truly understand Nutrition, which is what we work very hard at teaching it to you in an easy to understand way without all the big words that can confuse beginners.”
For more great fitness advice visit https://teamrhfitness.com/