A healthy diet doesn’t have to come without the indulgence.
This savoury oatmeal recipe is a completely delicious and macro friendly breakfast that you cook up as quick as a Full English, but without any of the guilt.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Macros Per Portion
Calories 409 Kcal
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 scallion, thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
½ bell pepper, cored and chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
40g of rolled oats
240ml of semi skimmed milk
1 large egg
½ teaspoon white vinegar
30g Parmesan cheese grated
- Gently fry the onion whites, bell pepper, and garlic. Season and continue to cook until soft.
- Add oats and milk, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until mixture starts to thicken but is still slightly wet, about 5 minutes should do.
- Then stir in parmesan and onion greens. Keep the oatmeal warm by covering the pot and turn the heat down to low.
- Poach the egg in swirling, simmering water for 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove from the pan and drain off excess water.
- Serve the oatmeal in a bowl immediately, topped with the poached egg.
From Our Friends At
This Recipe is courtesy of our friends over at TeamRH Fitness. A word from the team:
“We’ve made it our mission in life to educate the people, that pills, shakes, and fad diets DO NOT WORK, and the key to long term success and your happiness is to truly understand Nutrition, which is what we work very hard at teaching it to you in an easy to understand way without all the big words that can confuse beginners.”
For more great fitness advice visit https://teamrhfitness.com/